Our attention training programs are customized around the following areas:
- We specialize in helping people see the limiting self-image(s) with which they've identified.
- We also help people to see how they project aspects of themselves that they don't like or accept out onto others.
- We help people reverse patterns of negative interaction by understanding one's full self more clearly, and experiencing attention training, to yield a full and balanced way of being.
- Simple yet potent neuroscience concepts and their applications.
- In summary, we teach the transformational keys that can support the shifts you want for your life!
Look forward to these results:
- Reduced sense of pressure and time urgency in day to day life.
- Increased number of positive interactions with others.
- Increased number of peaceful moments in your own skin.
Free One Hour Assessment:
We'll first meet in person, by phone or zoom to explore your specific needs and discuss how Undefended Heart can address your situation. The goals you set will become the template for our work together and the barometer by which we'll measure success.
All trainings are built around our fundamental focus on Being Human, and on attention training.
While each one of us is uniquely human there is also a common Being-ness that is present 24/7, informing and enlivening our uniqueness.
How we attend and to what we attend -- determines how we experience our lives.
Specifics of training are determined from Needs Assessment and/or Individual Coaching.
A one day training program that includes the foundations of attention on three levels of engagement,
includes these elements:
Attention Input and Practice
- Establishing and directing attention.
- Anatomy and physiology of attention processes.
- Building resilience to establish optimal health and responsiveness.
In the Body Levels One and Two:
- Attention training delivered in a way that will support immediate shifts and teach you how and what to practice, in order to experience effortless efficiency, freedom and ease of being.
- Gaining practical skills in brain body interaction to achieve measurable results.
- Localizing emotional and physical pain and practice dissolving pain in the spaciousness of attention.
2). Self & Others
Understanding Self-Image and Projection:
- Freeing the shadow.
- Illuminating projection distortions, in the context of acceptance and humor.
3). Group Dynamics
- Exploring the roles we play.
- Exploring relationship strategies (right/wrong versus grounding in the fullness of attention).
- Exploring how Team Development, Innovation and Empathy are impacted by attention styles.
- Finding Common Ground and Space: Discovering and unpacking the no-boundary of attention, and its implications.
- Participants will be guided to experiment with different styles of attention and see the implications of attention on their physiology, and on those around them.
- Participants will experience that there is something here 100% of the time that notices, that attends to, that is simply aware of everything about their humanness (i.e. Being). And that part of themselves, their being, is completely without judgment.
- Participants will be able to interact with body and emotional states in themselves and others, using attention in ways that increase connection, reduce stress and produce outcomes that include more peaceful and compassionate relationships.
- Participants will learn details of life giving attention strategies that directly impact relationships with body, self and others.
- Participants will develop fluency in understanding the psychological mechanism of “shadow.” Participants will learn how aspects of their personal expression that are “disowned” act as triggers in situations of conflict, causing physiological arousal, stress, and emotional reactivity.
- Participants will practice resting in the nonjudgmental space of attention, learning how to resource themselves in the open quality of beingness, so that experiences of difficulty in relating can be infused with qualities of spaciousness and responsiveness (rather than reactivity).
We all have great potential to reshape the way we live, move and interact
in the world.
Holding a narrow and inaccurate view of oneself is a significant cause of
stress and suffering.
Shift from limitation to wholeness.
Please contact us to learn more or click on our specific focus areas including
individual/family, schools/universities, peace and justice in the world and health.
Undefended Heart's Executive Director
Barbara Veale Smith
is a Certified Kirkpatrick Bronze Level Professional:
Click to set custom HTML
We utilize the Kirkpatrick™ model of assessment in our program design to ensure effectiveness and results.